Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wonderful Wales!

Oh my goodness...I have just gotten back from a wonderful weekend in Wales! I went with my host family to Abersoch, which is right on the sea in Wales. It was their friends birthday weekend and he invited 25 people to this house he rented out and we just enjoyed relaxing, laughter and great company. I met so many lovely people there, many that I hope to see again! Saturday night was the birthday celebration in which we had a 50's cocktail party. It was so fun to get dressed up, eat dinner to 50's music and then relax, chat and dance to good ol' Grease music! I also took a dip in the sea!! Whoo!! It was fabulous.



Sunday we had a worship service in the lounge which was really powerful. At one point I just sat there silently and listened to the 24 others praising God. It didn't matter if I say God pronounced like G-ah-d and they say G-oh-d; for we were all worshipping the same God. It was beautiful.

Now I am back to Boothstown, getting ready for a full week of preparation and youth clubs!

No comments: