Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Arrival

Hello all! I have made it to the UK! I am currently sitting in the lounge at my host families house, or my new house for the year I guess! They are brilliant people; extremely welcoming and friendly! They are also teaching me all sorts of new words and phrases to say so I fit in more in Boothstown. (Like brilliant-meaning awesome!). Their names are Helen and Ian and they have a 2 year old named Daniel. It is a wonderful place to be staying!

I have spent most of my time with my supervisor and her 3 children; we have toured around the area, had many meals together, went for a walk around the greens, took a day trip to the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry, and played some Wii. It has been a great time so far, they are also very welcoming to me!

I have tomorrow with my host Helen and Daniel, I am not sure as to what our day will entail but I do have some basic shopping to get done...so I am sure a little of that will occur. I am starting work a little on Friday with Sarah, my supervisor. She said we will go to church and find something to do there! Haha. Sounds wonderful! I am anxious to start working here...I am struggling a little with just "being" and not necessarily "doing" all the time. It is something I will continue working on! Sunday is my welcoming day at the church and I will speak a little about myself and then have a lunch after that. I am very excited for that!

More to come but just know that I am doing very well and I hope you all are as well. God bless,

ARD

1 comment:

Brent Dahlseng said...

hey ARD, how have you seen the hands and feet of Jesus at work in the UK this week?