Sunday, January 10, 2010

Youth Alpha!

Oh my goodness! I just got home from our first run at Youth Alpha. It is a course for 10years + kids, our oldest being 15 and we are basically exploring what it means to be a Christian. We are going to tackle some good, tough questions and hopefully learn a lot about ourselves, God and each other. We had 10 young people come tonight, which is about the numbers we were hoping for. Tonight we talked about "Who is Jesus?" and it was really a great night. I was very nervous, as was my co-leader Stephen, but it was better than I could have expected or hoped for! The kids were very responsive and engaged and gave some brilliant thoughts and questions. God was so clearly there with us, helping the night move smoothly and keeping the YP attentive and interested. Thank you for your prayers, I cannot wait for the next session!

Amanda Ruthe

No comments: