Sunday, December 27, 2009

CHRISTmas

Christmas in England...what more could one want? How about spending it in snowy covered Bradford...with a lovely family, including a 2 year old and a 3 year old. And maybe eating a lot of sweets and puddings, going sledding, making snowmen, playing games and games, reading many a books, attending a christingle service, and top it all off with a beautiful walk through the snow covered woods! Seriously, I had a wonderful Christmas...and now my big present has arrived...my mum and sister are here! They just landed 4 hours ago and came directly to church with me to meet my family and friends there. Then they crashed...and I am anxiously awaiting their waking up!

Today in church we were reminded of the upcoming celebration of a new year and the goals that often come along with that. When asked to think of goals I had in 2009...I think all that came to mind was figuring out what I was going to do next and hopefully be overseas doing volunteer work...well that seemed to have happened. But then we were asked to think of some new goals...and were told of really great advice on how to make spiritual goals. The number one important thing to do when making any goals...PRAY. How simple that sounds, yet how often forgotten.

I am unsure now of my goals for 2010. As our preacher this morning said...we must first shed our distractions, get rid of the things that hold us back from spiritual closenes...peel away our "potatoe skins", things we should not eat. So I will continue to pray for those things to leave and God's desires to show up and lead me.

I thank all of you for your presence in my life and pray for you. I do hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoy this holiday season. May there be peace, joy, laughter and blessings in each of your lives. Love to you all.

AmandaRuthe.

No comments: